Why work with Oatly?
Do you want to be part of a revolution to transform our food system to one that is better for people and the planet? More and more people choose to shift to a more plant-based diet for the sake of their health and the health of the planet, helping to tackle huge global challenges like climate change. At Oatly, sustainability is a core value of our business and brand. We offer you a great opportunity to take an active part in a great company with great products. If you’re getting a tingly feeling reading this, thinking you want to be part of making sure Oatly can actively making the world a better place, we are happy to tell you that we are looking for a Sustainability Specialist - Materials & Packaging to join our Global Sustainability Team.
Here’s what you would do
As a Sustainability Specialist at Oatly your assignment is to support and guide sustainable solutions for the sourcing and development of our ingredients, packaging and other direct materials. For this role, you will partner with the Global Sourcing team and Sr. Director of Operations and Supply Sustainability to develop and implement requirements and guidelines that make our procurement of ingredients and packaging more sustainable, helping ensure that our supply chain is having a positive impact on people and the planet. You will manage and maintain the tools and platforms that help Oatly choose the best suppliers, hold them to a high sustainability standard and work with them to improve their impacts. The role also includes the critical task of supporting sustainability data and analysis to ensure that our business decisions are data driven and transparent. You will also support the assessment of the sustainability impact and performance of packaging and materials Oatly sources to share Oatly’s actions and experience in our sustainability report.
Here are the detailed role responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain Oatly sustainability requirements and criteria for packaging and other direct materials, including ingredients.
- Support the Innovation and Packaging teams to develop and drive packaging and co-manufacturing sustainability strategies and integrate them into business decisions.
- Develop tools and ways of working for more sustainable sourcing and co-packing selection.
- Conduct comparisons, calculations, and assessments of different packaging, co-packing and ingredient supplier options to recommend sustainable decisions.
- Provide project support to the Innovation team for new products, to evaluate project sustainability risks/possibilities and compare different options based on sustainability parameters.
- Support supplier management through supplier and co-manufacturer assessments and engagements to drive sustainability performance and identify improvement activities - both for new and existing partners/suppliers.
DATA AND PERFORMANCE:
- Support the Sourcing and Quality Assurance experts to secure updated specifications and certificates sufficient for Oatly’s sustainability guidelines and performance.
- Collect and provide packaging and material data inputs to the Sustainability Department for annual reporting.
You will report to the Sustainability Director for Analysis and Reporting and collaborate closely with global and regional partners across Sustainability, Operations, Sourcing, and Innovation.
Are you the Oatsome person we are looking for?
To thrive and be happy in this role, we believe that you have the following qualifications and experience:
- University degree in sustainability related field e.g. environmental science or engineering (Advanced degree preferred)
- At least two years of professional experience working in a sustainability and/or procurement related role
- Experience of technical packaging or ingredient knowledge and/or direct procurement experience
- Familiarity with sustainability tools and platforms such as Ecovadis, Sedex, and/or sustainability impact calculation tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
The perfect candidate is passionate about improving the health of humans and planet. You have a sharp and creative mind, with an analytical mindset enabling you to understand complex challenges and see opportunities. You are organized and have forward-thinking workways. You are exceptionally agile and good at adapting to new situations with curiosity and creating opportunities for collaboration and improvement. You are an excellent communicator and a supportive and inclusive team member.
Finally, we believe you share our values and want to carry out our mission, to provide people with amazing plant-based products without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources.
Come join us
We welcome people from all backgrounds who see sustainability and health as important values. If you have the curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s do this together! It will be fun! Promise!
Apply for the position no later than October 9th.
The Oatly Way
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. Our mission is to help people upgrade their everyday lives and the health of the planet by making tasteful oat-based food products accessible to a wider audience in a world-class manner. It's why we come to work every day. With head office in Malmö and production in Sweden, the Netherlands, the U.S. and China, our products are available in about 30 countries across Europe, North America and Asia. www.oatly.com (http://www.oatly.com/)